A McDonald's franchisee has been found negligent by a Florida jury after a piping hot Chicken McNugget burned a four-year-old girl's thigh, leaving her scarred. Both the franchisee and McDonald's were found to have failed to produce instructions for the food that would have prevented the injury.
The family sued for $15,000, alleging that the restaurant served a chicken nugget that was "defective, harmful and unfit for human handling." The verdict is a "tremendous victory for a deserving family," said the law firm representing the parents. The franchisee said it was "disappointed" in the verdict and denies responsibility.